OtterBox recently launched its latest iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods accessory, the 2-in-1 MagSafe Charging Station. We’ve been testing out the unique wireless charging stand that has a design similar to Apple’s Pro Display XDR pedestal. Here’s our detailed review of this official MagSafe charging stand.
OtterBox 2-in-1 MagSafe Charging Station specs
- 15W wireless fast charging for iPhone and 5W charging for Apple Watch
- Official MagSafe, MFi certified
- Multi-angle, strong, and seamless connection with MagSafe
- MagSafe dock tilts flat to charge AirPods and other similar devices
- Non-slip, weighted design holds stand in place while using your iPhone
- Premium, scratch- and fingerprint-resistant finish
- Powered by included Fast Charge 36W Wall Charger and 2M (6.6ft) USB-C to USB-C Cable
- Limited lifetime warranty with hassle-free customer service
- Price: $129.95
Materials and build
The build here is plastic and it’s very clean and well-executed with a nice weight to it. The white is glossy with the silver featuring a matte finish. The whole 2-in-1 MagSafe Charging Station has what OtterBox calls a scratch- and fingerprint-resistant finish too.
Both the cable and 36W power adapter that come in the both have a great build quality with the brick including a sharp design and foldable prongs. And the 6.6 ft USB-C cable has a thick, durable build.
Almost the entire bottom of the charging station features a non-slip pad that gives plenty of grip and the official MagSafe puck is covered with a soft-touch finish that will make sure your iPhone or case won’t get scratched.
In my time with the OtterBox 2-in-1 MagSafe Charging Station, I’ve really come to love the design. It’s such a sharp and clean aesthetic.
The flexibility OtterBox designed into the MagSafe charger is really great. You’ve got a full 90 degrees that make it usable in almost any scenario. And the Pro Display XDR-style pedestal design gives nice stability.
Even though there’s not a third wireless charging at the bottom of the stand for AirPods, there’s plenty of room to store them there for convenient access.
I’ve found the weight and stability of this MagSafe Charging Station to be solid. It’s stable even when you’re typing, tapping, and using your iPhone.
The only piece of constructive criticism I have is it would have been great if OtterBox included a Qi wireless pad into the base of the pedestal making this a 3-in-1 instead of a 2-in-1.
But in any case, it’s easy to pop your iPhone off and charge up your AirPods or another device on the MagSafe charger when needed.
OtterBox 2-in-1 MagSafe Charging Station conclusion
- Official MagSafe support with 15W fast wireless charging
- Great MagSafe charger adjustability (90 degrees)
- Solid build quality and sharp Pro Display XDR stand-style design
- Power adapter and cable included
- Only 2 spots for charging instead of 3
- $129.95 premium price
With all that in mind, I give this official MagSafe dual charger a 4/5 score.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.